Assistant Professor position opens (Advanced Research Support Center)
EHIME UNIVERSITY, JAPAN
【Application period extended】
Number of positions:
Place of work:
(1) Have a Ph.D. degree;
(2) Experience of support for animal experiments;
(3) Excellent research ability;
(4) Those who have research achievements using laboratory animal, especially for mouse genetic techniques with genome editing such as CRISPR/Cas9.
(5) Those who can take on new challenges and are passionate about support/ research / education.
(6) Those who can actively carry out joint research centered on animal experiments in cooperation with the current staff after joining the position.
(1) Curriculum Vitae: including an education/employment/society/award record with a photo, phone number and an email address
(2) Reverse-chronological list of research achievements in 5 categories (1. Original papers, 2. Review articles, 3. Presentations at international conferences, 4. Received external funds such as Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI) and research grants, 5. Others. In addition, if there are any notable achievements such as awards or acquisition of patents, please describe them.)
(3) Reprint of major theses: up to 5 volumes, photocopies acceptable.
(4) Summary of research achievements: up to 2 pages in A4.
(5) A motivation letter in 2 parts; one is about research and education, and the other is about support work at the center. (about 1 sheet of A4 paper for each)
(6) The contact information of two persons who can be referred to (they should be contacted during the hiring process) and a recommendation letter from one of them.
Submit all printed application materials of (1)～(6) by post.
Deadline for applications: March 12, 2021
Address for submission:
Where to make contact:
(1) Screening of the application documents
(2) Personal interview and open seminar presentation
After passing the screening of the documents, you will be requested to visit Ehime University for interview and seminar presentation.
(1) Ehime University hiring is in compliance with the principles of the Basic Act for Gender Equal Society, and promotes various programs to develop diversity in the research environment.
•Career Support Program for Young Researchers:
•Research Assistance Program for Female Researchers:
•Dual Career Support Program:
•Child Care Centers:
•Care for School Children:
A postdoc opportunity is available to study hepatic fibrosis in the lab of Dr. Jennifer Chen, Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at University of California, San Francisco.
The lab studies novel mechanisms of hepatic stellate cell inactivation and fibrosis regression. The lab has identified and validated several antifibrotic targets using in vitro and in vivo models of hepatic fibrosis. Our group is involved in several exciting collaborations, including with medicinal chemists, to develop novel small molecule inhibitors to target these identified pathways.
Applicants should submit a brief statement  explaining their interest in the position, a curriculum vita  and the contact information of three references  by email directly to Dr. Jennifer Chen at Jennifer.Chen4[at]ucsf.edu
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE The ideal candidate should have a PhD or equivalent degree in molecular biology or other related fields with a strong foundation in cell biology, biochemistry and mouse models of injury and fibrosis. The candidate should have strong publication record in international journals, possess good written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work independently and collaboratively within a research team. The candidate should be proficient in experimental mouse models and standard biological techniques (protein biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, tissue culture and pathology).
Postdoctoral Researcher or Contract Researcher
Plant Genome Evolution Research Team, RIKEN Nishina Center for Accelerator-Based Science, RIKEN
1. Job title, available positions
2. Job description
4. Start of Employment
5. Work location
※A letter of recommendation will be required if s/he is selected as a final candidate.
For more information and required application documents, please visit the website:
Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Biology (ASHBi) at Kyoto University is now looking for a Program-Specific Researcher (Postdoctoral Fellow) in Comparative Epigenomics
Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Biology (ASHBi) at Kyoto University is now looking for a Program-Specific Researcher (Postdoctoral Fellow) in Comparative Epigenomics of Bourque Group. For further details, please refer the following link of application requirements and guidelines.
Job Titles： Program-Specific Researcher (Postdoctoral Fellow)
1. The candidate has a Ph.D, or expected to have a Ph.D.
2. The candidate has excellent research achievements in the related fields and ability to develop and manage his/her research projects
3. He/she has communication skills in English
4. He/she has experiences of genomic experiments and next generation sequencing, or has enthusiasm to learn about these skills
Starting Date: April 1, 2021 or the earliest possible date thereafter (adjustable according to individual requirements)
Term: Max 5 years (Annual renewal).
Postdoctoral position available at the Lab of Plant Genomics and Genetics, Kazusa DNA Research Institute
A postdoctoral position is available at the Lab of Plant Genomics and Genetics, Kazusa DNA Research Institute (KDRI), Kisarazu, Japan. The project will use NGS to carry out a large-scale genomics and/or genetics study primarily on practical plant species. We seek a scientist who has experience and knowledge in plant genomics and genetics, and who is willing to develop a novel analytical approach for plant genomics/genetics in both wet and dry approaches.
Background and setting
Term: One year beginning in April of 2021. The contract is renewable for up to three years based on performance. If performance is distinguished during those three years, there is a possibility of appointment to a regular position.
Applicant eligibility: The applicant must hold a doctoral degree in the field of biology at the time of application submission. Wet lab experience in DNA analysis is also required.
To apply: Applications should be submitted by postal mail (in Japan) or email (outside of Japan), with a CV (with a photo of the applicant and a description of tasks you expect to perform at KDRI) and contact details for two references. After documentary elimination, interviews will be conducted at KDRI or by Zoom.
Postal mail address:
Seeking a Head of a New Laboratory (indefinite-term employment position), RIKEN Center for Biosystems Dynamics Research
Research field and overview
RIKEN invites applications for the position of Laboratory Head (indefinite-term employment position) to serve in a leadership position in the following research area. The successful candidate will be responsible for directing research projects from a mid-to-long-term perspective.
Field: Adult stem cells and/or germ cells
The RIKEN BDR aims to understand the general principles of organismal temporal dynamics throughout the lifespan from birth to death, including aging. Our interdisciplinary approaches include imaging, multi-omics, theoretical biology, molecular biology, stem cell biology, organoids, and the use of diverse animal models. BDR provides laboratory heads with an environment for their independent research, including start-up packages and annual research funds. The BDR seeks a strong leader who will play a central role in fulfilling the BDR’s missions through the studies of adult stem cells and/or germ cells.
Start of employment
Faculty Position in the Research Institute for Microbial Diseases, Osaka University
2. Number of Positions
4. Work Location
5. Specialized Field
-Conduct research experiments about the mammalian fertilization through gene manipulated mice.
-Educational activities for undergraduate and graduate school students
-Administration of the animal facility
(1) A doctoral degree or are expected to have one by March 2021.
(2)Excellent research achievements in the related fields.
(3) Business level or above Japanese and English language proficiency
8. Starting Date
9. Term of Employment
*Following completion of the term, the contract may be extended subject to evaluation (the extension limit is 6 years from the starting date).
11. Employment Form
*The Discretionary Labor System, Special Work Type will be applied (deemed working hours: 8 hours a day)
12. Salary and Benefits
14. Application Documents
1. A Curriculum Vitae
*Please use the university form for educational/research positions available at the following website.
2. A list of research achievements (original papers, review papers, books, patents, presentations in international conferences)
3. Reprints of major original papers (4 copies, photocopies acceptable)
4. A list and an outline of awards and prizes
5. An outline of researchand education achievements (up to 2 A4 pages)
6. Research plans and a statement of educational aspirations (up to 2 A4 pages)
7. Name, affiliation, and contact information of two professional references who are willing to be contacted about the applicant
8. Copies of English proficiency certificates such as TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC scores, a description of periods of residency outside of Japan that demonstrate your English ability, or English related job experiences.
*Personal information in the application documents will only be used for the purpose of screening and hiring procedures, and will not be disclosed to any third party.
*Submitted application documents will not be returned.
15. Sending Address and Contact Information
If submitted by postal service:
* Please write “Application for faculty position” on the envelope in red ink.
* Please send application documents by registered mail or courier.
If submitted by e-mail:
* Please write “Application for faculty position“ in the subject line.
* Attach the application documents in PDF format (password protected).
* Please send the password in a separate e-mail.
Contact Person: Professor Masahito IKAWA
16. Application Deadline
17. Selection Process
* Travel and accommodation fees necessary for interviews are to be covered by the applicant.
* Please note that unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
18. Additional Information
* Osaka University campuses and related facilities are smoke-free, except for designated areas．