Kyushu University is seeking an experienced individual with expertise in teaching and research for appointment as a tenured Associate Professor in the Laboratory of Biochemistry, Division of Molecular Biosciences, Department of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Faculty of Agriculture. The Laboratory of Biochemistry deals with education and research on proteins related to the maintenance and transmission of genetic information, and analyzes the structure and functions of these proteins. Research on the molecular recognition mechanism of proteins connects to creating industrially useful proteins. The laboratory is currently focusing on DNA- and RNA-related enzymes, which are useful for development of novel technology for genetic engineering. The candidate should have the excellent research achievements in this field and also have the ability to promote vigorous research dissemination and show international research activities. It is desirable for this position to have experiences and achievements in functional analysis of nucleic acid-related enzymes.
1. Number of Positions Offered: One Associate Professor
2. Qualifications: Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree.
3. Date of Appointment: The successful candidate will take up the post as soon as possible after the endorsement of the appointment at the professor meeting of the Faculty of Agriculture.
4. Employment Duration: Associate Professor: Full-time, with a mandatory retirement age of 65
5. Required Documentation (provide all documents either in Japanese or English):
1) Curriculum vitae
2) The official Ph.D. degree certificate
3) List of research achievements (including peer-reviewed papers, conference, reviews, books, patents). For a research paper in an academic journal, author(s), the title, journal, volume, first and last pages, publication year, and the impact factor of the journal at the year should be given. The papers should be categorized as (i) refereed (ii) non-refereed and (iii) others. For a review, author(s), the title, journal, volume, first and last pages, and publication year should be given. For a book, author(s), the title, publisher, first and last pages, and publication year should be given. For a grant (including JSPS grants): Funding scheme, Grant category (Research period, Funding organization), Term, Grant amount and Roles (Principal Investigator or Co-investigator) should be given. For others, Academic awards, Invited lecture, Patents, Qualifications, Journal editor, Academic society managements and others should be given.
4) Reprints of the most important publication (Maximum five papers may be submitted.)
5) Summary of the applicant’s research activities and future research plan (Write in about 1,000 words)
6) Summary of the applicant's educational experiences and aspiration for education in the future (Write in about 1,000 words). Summary of the aspiration for education in the future if the applicant doesn’t have the educational experiences.
7) Two referees′ names with their position, affiliation, and contact information (email address and TEL) or one referee’s letter of recommendation
6. Interview: Shortlisted candidates may be invited for an interview held at Ito Campus of Kyushu University or via a remote conference system. We do not support any expenses incurred, such as for travel or accommodation, to participate in the interview.
7. Application Deadline:
8. Submission of the Application Documents to: Send all required documents together as registered mail or simplified registered mail (limited to mail delivery).
9. Contact Information: Prof. Takuya Kitaoka, Chair of the Screening Committee
Waseda Institute for Advanced Study (WIAS) was established in September 2006 to enable promising and talented researchers to focus on their research activities under fixed-term contracts in a rich research environment. Around 40 researchers have been working on advanced research in a wide range of themes and with no limitation as to field of study. The Institute is currently recruiting researchers for AY2019 as detailed below.
1. Recruitment Fields: Fields corresponding to the Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences
2. Number of Positions: About 15
3. Appointment Position: Assistant Professor (without tenure) or Associate Professor (without tenure) * The appointment position will be determined based on the screening and interview results.
4. Application Qualifications: Researchers who meet any of the following qualifications (a. - c.)
a. Persons with a doctorate. It is desirable for the doctorate to have been obtained within 10 years of April 1, 2019.
b.Persons who expect to obtain a doctorate by April 1, 2019.
c.Persons with scholarly attainment equivalent to persons who have obtained a doctorate (persons who have completed the full term of a doctoral course etc.) as of April 1, 2019, and who have research experience at a research institution.
* Applicants are expected to be enthusiastic about conducting their research, which will contribute to facilitating research at Waseda University, as well as to establishing and strengthening collaborative network between the researchers of outside/overseas research institutions and universities and those of Waseda University.
5. Research Theme:
* Waseda University has been selected for the “Top Global University Project (TGU)” led by MEXT*, and is working on the project titled “Waseda Goes Global - A Plan to Build a Worldwide Academic Network that is Open, Dynamic and Diverse,” with the aim of accelerating efforts to realize the goals set forth in its mid- to long-term strategic plan, Waseda Vision 150. Efforts are being injected into strengthening the areas of model units, life science and data science at Waseda University, which are highly regarded internationally and form the core of this project.
* For more detail, please visit our website
6. Duties and Working Conditions: Please visit our website for details.
7. Period of Employment: In principle, the employment start date is April 1, 2019.
8. Selection Procedure and Notification of Results: Please visit our website for details.
9. Application Documents and Application Procedures:
10. Deadline for Application: June 28, 2018 (Thursday), 5 P.M. (Japan time)
*Submission of application documents through the Online Registration Form must be completed by this date and time.
Seeking a Indefinite-term Technical Scientist
Laboratory for Mucosal Immunity, RIKEN Center for Integrative Medical Sciences
RIKEN invites applications for an indefinite-term Technical Scientist to work at Laboratory for Mucosal Immunity, RIKEN Center for Integrative Medical Sciences.
Laboratory to be assigned
Outline of research
Research topics to be assigned
Available position and number of openings
Number of openings
Initial work location
Type of employment
Remuneration and other provisions
Application procedures and deadline
For applicant registration:
For revising or uploading application documents and letters of recommendation: