Postdoctoral Position in Mitochondrial Biology & electrophysiology
Dept. of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine
The GargLab in the Department of Physiology at the University of Maryland Baltimore is seeking a highly motivated scientist with a strong background in molecular biology and/or electrophysiology to join our team. Research in the lab focuses on the molecular physiology of mitochondrial proteins specifically ion channels and transporters, their role in human disease, and how different organisms adapt to defects in mitochondrial functions. We use high resolution electrophysiological, imaging and biochemical approaches to elucidate signaling pathways that are fundamental to mitochondrial bioenergetics, using diverse model systems.
Dr. Vivek Garg
Assistant Professor position opens (Advanced Research Support Center)
EHIME UNIVERSITY, JAPAN
【Application period extended】
Number of positions:
Place of work:
(1) Have a Ph.D. degree;
(2) Experience of support for animal experiments;
(3) Excellent research ability;
(4) Those who have research achievements using laboratory animal, especially for mouse genetic techniques with genome editing such as CRISPR/Cas9.
(5) Those who can take on new challenges and are passionate about support/ research / education.
(6) Those who can actively carry out joint research centered on animal experiments in cooperation with the current staff after joining the position.
(1) Curriculum Vitae: including an education/employment/society/award record with a photo, phone number and an email address
(2) Reverse-chronological list of research achievements in 5 categories (1. Original papers, 2. Review articles, 3. Presentations at international conferences, 4. Received external funds such as Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research (KAKENHI) and research grants, 5. Others. In addition, if there are any notable achievements such as awards or acquisition of patents, please describe them.)
(3) Reprint of major theses: up to 5 volumes, photocopies acceptable.
(4) Summary of research achievements: up to 2 pages in A4.
(5) A motivation letter in 2 parts; one is about research and education, and the other is about support work at the center. (about 1 sheet of A4 paper for each)
(6) The contact information of two persons who can be referred to (they should be contacted during the hiring process) and a recommendation letter from one of them.
Submit all printed application materials of (1)～(6) by post.
Deadline for applications: March 12, 2021
Address for submission:
Where to make contact:
(1) Screening of the application documents
(2) Personal interview and open seminar presentation
After passing the screening of the documents, you will be requested to visit Ehime University for interview and seminar presentation.
(1) Ehime University hiring is in compliance with the principles of the Basic Act for Gender Equal Society, and promotes various programs to develop diversity in the research environment.
•Career Support Program for Young Researchers:
•Research Assistance Program for Female Researchers:
•Dual Career Support Program:
•Child Care Centers:
•Care for School Children:
A postdoc opportunity is available to study hepatic fibrosis in the lab of Dr. Jennifer Chen, Assistant Professor, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at University of California, San Francisco.
The lab studies novel mechanisms of hepatic stellate cell inactivation and fibrosis regression. The lab has identified and validated several antifibrotic targets using in vitro and in vivo models of hepatic fibrosis. Our group is involved in several exciting collaborations, including with medicinal chemists, to develop novel small molecule inhibitors to target these identified pathways.
Applicants should submit a brief statement  explaining their interest in the position, a curriculum vita  and the contact information of three references  by email directly to Dr. Jennifer Chen at Jennifer.Chen4[at]ucsf.edu
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE The ideal candidate should have a PhD or equivalent degree in molecular biology or other related fields with a strong foundation in cell biology, biochemistry and mouse models of injury and fibrosis. The candidate should have strong publication record in international journals, possess good written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work independently and collaboratively within a research team. The candidate should be proficient in experimental mouse models and standard biological techniques (protein biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, tissue culture and pathology).
Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Biology (ASHBi) at Kyoto University is now looking for a Program-Specific Researcher (Postdoctoral Fellow) in Comparative Epigenomics
Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Biology (ASHBi) at Kyoto University is now looking for a Program-Specific Researcher (Postdoctoral Fellow) in Comparative Epigenomics of Bourque Group. For further details, please refer the following link of application requirements and guidelines.
Job Titles： Program-Specific Researcher (Postdoctoral Fellow)
1. The candidate has a Ph.D, or expected to have a Ph.D.
2. The candidate has excellent research achievements in the related fields and ability to develop and manage his/her research projects
3. He/she has communication skills in English
4. He/she has experiences of genomic experiments and next generation sequencing, or has enthusiasm to learn about these skills
Starting Date: April 1, 2021 or the earliest possible date thereafter (adjustable according to individual requirements)
Term: Max 5 years (Annual renewal).