Deep-Sea Bioresource Research Group, Research Center for Bioscience and Nanoscience, Research Institute for Marine Resources Utilization, JAMSTEC
The team at JAMSTEC will conduct multi-omics analyses including novel metabolomic analysis using stable isotope probing, targeting environmental microbes in both domains of life, Archaea and Bacteria, to explore novel central carbon metabolisms including the TCA cycle and amino acid biosynthetic pathways.
[Relevant Research Fields]
POSTDOCTORAL POSITION to Study Inter-tissue Signaling During Aging in Drosophila.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee, USA
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral fellow to join the group of Dr. Fabio Demontis. The lab is located in the Department of Developmental Neurobiology at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis, TN. We use Drosophila and mice to decipher the conserved mechanisms of skeletal muscle aging and proteostasis, and how muscle-derived signals (myokines) affect lifespan and the progression of age-related diseases in other tissues (www.stjude.org/demontis).
For representative publications, please see: Cell 2010 Nov 24;143(5): 813-25; Cell Reports 2019 Jul 30;28(5):1268-1281; Genome Research 2019 Aug; 29(8):1262-1276; Genes&Development 2015 Dec 1;29(23):2475-89; Annual Review of Physiology 2016;78:85-107; Cell Reports 2014 Jun 12;7(5):1481-94.
In addition to a Ph.D., the candidate should have expertise in molecular, biochemical and/or cell biological techniques. Training in aging research, proteostasis, and/or Drosophila genetics is preferred but not required.
Candidate should have the ability to work independently as well as in collaborative research efforts, and have a strong desire to make a major contribution to the field of aging. The fellow will benefit from both the outstanding research facilities and the highly collaborative St. Jude community.
Interested applicants should send their CV, a cover letter describing research experience and interests, and names and addresses of three references to: Fabio.Demontis@stjude.org
Program-Specific Associate or Assistant Professor
Comparative Epigenomics (Bourque Group), Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Biology (ASHBi), Kyoto University Institute for Advanced Study (KUIAS)
ASHBi is now looking for a Program-Specific Associate/Assistant Professor in Comparative Epigenomics of Bourque Group. For more information, please refer to the following website.
1. Job Titles: Program-Specific Associate/Assistant professor
2. Number of Positions: One (1)
1)The candidate has a Ph.D.
2)The candidate has excellent research achievements in the related fields and ability to supervise postdoctoral fellows and graduate students
3)The candidate should have the ability to develop and manage his/her research projects
4)He/she has high-level communication skills in English
4. Starting Date: December 1, 2019 or the earliest possible date thereafter (adjustable according to individual requirements)
5. Term: Five (5) years in principle (with annual renewal, the first from 31 March 2020) Initial probationary employment period: six (6) months
6. Job Descriptions:
7. Working Conditions: Five (5) working days per week
8. Deadline: Open until the positions are filled.
9. Evaluation Procedure: Submitted applications will be reviewed, followed by interviews for short-listed candidates.
10. Application Method: Application documents must be prepared in English according to the “Application Guidelines”, and submitted as email attachments to the following email address.