The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
1. Management of animal care and husbandry in animal facilities corroborating with outsourcing staff
2. Quarantine: Introduction of SPF mice (Implantation of fertilized embryo)
3. Adequate and effective management of requests from researcher
4. Management of number of animals purchased, breed and used in animal facilities
1. Bachelor of Biology or Biology related field
2. Management experience of animal facilities (Rodent)
3. Experience of fertilized embryo implantation
4. English communication skill with business level
1. Ph.D or Veterinarian
2. Experience of Genome Editing
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ ), welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin), worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
- Cover letter in both English and Japanese
- Curriculum vitae in both English and Japanese
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date:
Or send documents via post mail to:
* OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
* Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
* Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
* Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).
Opening for Principal Investigator (Professor or Associate Professor)
Earth-Life Science Institute (ELSI), Tokyo Institute of Technology
The Earth-Life Science Institute (ELSI) at the Tokyo Institute of Technology (Tokyo Tech) is soliciting applications for a new senior level faculty member pursuing original research and actively engaging in interdisciplinary discussions and synergistic collaborations on the origins of planets and life.
1. Title: Principal Investigator (Professor or Associate Professor)
2. Number of Openings: 1
3. Subject Area: Study of the early Earth and study of the origin of life
4. Qualifications: Please refer to our website.
5. Form of Employment: Full-time (tenured or non-tenured)
1) Tenured position: retirement age system.
2) Non-tenured position: term of five years. During the term, a tenure assessment will be conducted, and the successful candidate's employment may not have a fixed term.
In either case, appointment does not extend beyond the end of the academic year in which he or she attains the retirement age (65).
7. Starting Date: April 1st, 2018, or earliest possible date thereafter
8. Salary: Annual salary system. The salary will be determined in accordance with the applicable rules and regulations of the National University Corporation Tokyo Institute of Technology.
9. Place of Work:
10. Application materials and procedure: Please refer to our website.
11. Application closing date: October 31st, 2017
12. Contact information: Please refer to our website.
13. Notes: Tokyo Institute of Technology provides equal opportunities to all qualified applicants in all scientific research fields regardless of nationality, gender, religion, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Postdoctoral Researcher or Staff Scientist
Department of Molecular and Medical Genetics, Oregon Health & Science University
The main research focuses of the Nakai lab are:
• AAV and other parvovirus vector biology - capsids, vector genomes and virus-host interactions
• AAV virology - assembly activating protein (AAP) and capsid assembly
• AAV antigen-antibody interactions
• Engineering of AAV and other parvoviruses to develop the next generation of gene delivery vectors
• Preclinical studies of gene therapy for the treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases, diabetes, inborn errors of metabolism, eye diseases, and hemophilia
• Development of a non-surgical method of sterilizing cats and dogs
The lab takes interdisciplinary approaches to solving these problems, utilizing both wet and dry lab techniques including the next generation sequencing (-seq approaches), mass spectrometry, bioinformatics, computer simulation, structural modeling, image reconstruction and registration as well as traditional molecular and cellular biology-based approaches. The lab also uses small and large animal models, including mice, cats, rabbits, pigs, monkeys and chimeric mice with human liver or pancreatic islets in collaboration with experts in each field. Successful candidates will join an interdisciplinary collaborative team and will be expected to lead several ongoing and new projects. They will also contribute to the training of graduate, undergraduate, and high school students, as well as research staff.
• Doctoral degree in a relevant field
• Substantial knowledge and expertise in molecular biology
• Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritize them
• Ability to organize and handle a large quantity of data
• Excellent creative thinking skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong enthusiasm for AAV and gene therapy research
Salary Range: $47,484+ Commensurate with experience
How to apply: Please send a cover letter and C.V. to Hiroyuki Nakai, M.D., Ph.D. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.